Although Terra Mentis does not have a Heath physicist on staff, we have prepared risk assessment for radionuclides.
Rocky Flats Nuclear Plant, Broomfield, CO: Managed and assessed the dumping of nuclear and non-nuclear chemical waste in the landfills at the Rocky Flat Former Nuclear Weapons Facility (RFF).
- Developed a spatially based model for conducting the risk assessment, sampling and analysis plans for the collection of site-related data and the calculation of both chemical and radiological risks
- Integrated field sampling location results with risk assessment of all contamination concern
- Prepared a human health risk assessment for the selected landfills at the RFF that was used to develop clean up goals for parts of the RFF
- Submitted and accepted by CDPHE and other regulatory agencies
Cotter Corporation, CO: A former uranium mine and transportation area site in Colorado.
- Prepared risk assessments for radioactive soil wastes that estimated risks for both nuclear and non-nuclear chemical wastes in soil
- The risk assessment was submitted to CDPHE for approval